After seeing the ZBoard, I decided I needed one. Except I wanted a better one 🙂
So here’s the plan:
- (1) MBS Atom 90 Moutainboard
- (3) Hobby King 5A LiPo Chargers
- (3) 60W Power Supplies
- (1) Turnigy DLUX 120A Brushless Speed Controller
- (1) Turnigy G160 Brushless Outrunner
- (1) Zippy 8400maH 2S2P 30C LiFePo4 Battery
- (2) Zippy 8400maH 4S2P 30C LiFePo4 Battery
- (1) Arduino Pro 328 5V/16MHz
- (4) Force Sensitive Resistors
- (1) Stomp Switch
- (1) 3/8” XL 14” Belt
- (1) M8 Bolt
- 3D Printed Parts
The MBS Atom 90 is perfect for the job. It has pre-drilled holes everywhere I could want them. Some in the middle for a battery box. Some on the ends. M8 threaded hole on the axle for motor mounting. It should work great.
I only ordered 2 FSR’s (Force Sensitive Resistors) initially and after some early trial runs (see this Adafruit tutorial for usage), It’ll definitely work better with 4 or more. 1 for the heel and 1 for the ball of the foot.
Still waiting for the motor and batteries to arrive but everything else looks like it’ll work good so far!